News

Bahrain-origin exports rise to $501m in August

October 2020

The value of Bahrain’s exports of national origin increased by 2 per cent to BD190 million ($501.1 million) during August, compared to BD187 million for the same month of the previous year, said the Information &eGovernment Authority (iGA) in a new report.

The top 10 countries in terms of the value of exports of national origin purchased from Bahrain accounted for 72 per cent of the total value, with the remaining countries accounting for 28 per cent.

Saudi Arabia ranked first among countries receiving Bahraini exports of national origin, importing BD58 million from Bahrain. Meanwhile, the US was second with BD18 million and Oman third with BD11 million.

Unwrought aluminium alloys emerged as the top products exported during August with BD40 million, Unwrought aluminium (not alloyed) was second with a value of BD26 million and Semi-finished iron and steel third with BD15 million.

The total value of re-exports decreased by20 per cent to reach BD44million during August, compared to BD55 million for the same month of the previous year. The top 10 countries accounted for 94 per cent of the re-exported value, while the remaining countries accounted for the 6 per cent. Saudi Arabia ranked first with BD14 million, UAE second with BD9million, and the US third with BD6 million.

Four-wheel drive cars the top product re-exported from Bahrain with BD5.3 million, gold ingots came in second place with BD5 million, and cigarettes containing tobacco came third with BD4.2 million.

The trade balance, difference between exports and imports, the value of the deficit of the trade balance reached BD193 million during August of 2020 versus BD149 million for the same month of the previous year with increase of 30 per cent.

The value of imports increased by 9 per cent, reaching BD428 million during August 2020 compared to BD391 million for the same month of the previous year. The top 10 countries accounted for 74 per cent of the value of imports, with the remaining countries accounting for 26 per cent.  




More Stories



Tags