News

Bahrain-origin exports hit $464m during May

July 2020

The value of Bahrain’s exports of national origin decreased by 16 per cent to BD176 million ($464 million) during May 2020, compared to BD210 million for the same month of the previous year, said the Information &eGovernment Authority (iGA) in foreign trade report of May.

The top 10 countries in terms of the value of exports of national origin purchased from Bahrain accounted for 76 per cent of the total value, with the remaining countries accounting for 24 per cent.

The Kingdom of Saudi Arabia ranked first among countries receiving Bahraini exports of national origin, importing BD34 million from Bahrain. Meanwhile, Netherlands was second with BD18 million and the UAE third with BD14 million.

Unwrought aluminium (not alloyed) emerged as the top products exported during May2020 with BD36 million. Unwrought aluminium alloys was second with a value of BD31 million and Agglomerated iron ores and concentrates third with BD25 million.

The total value of re-exports decreased by 40 per cent to reach BD40 million during May2020, compared to BD66 million for the same month of the previous year. The top 10 countries accounted for 95 per cent of the re-exported value, while the remaining countries accounted for the 5 per cent. TheKingdom of Saudi Arabia ranked first with BD15 million, China second with BD7 million, and the UAE third with BD5 million.

Four-wheel drive cars is the top product re-exported from Bahrain with BD8 million, Parts for aero planes came in second place with BD2.4 million, and cigarettes containing tobacco came third with BD2.2 million.

The trade balance, the difference between exports and imports, recorded a deficit totalling BD162 million during May of2020 compared to BD143 million for the same month of the previous year, an improvement of the trade balance by 13 per cent.

The value of imports decreased by 10 per cent, reaching BD378 million during May2020compared to BD419 million for the same month of the previous year. The top 10 countries accounted for 67 per cent of the value of imports, with the remaining countries accounting for 33 per cent.

According to the report, China ranked first when it came to imports to Bahrain, with a total of BD67 million; Australia was second with BD38 million; and Brazil was third with BD23 million.




More Stories



Tags