Features

Bahrain’s exports hit $467m: report

With a value of $120m, Saudi Arabia was ranked the top importer of Bahraini products followed by the UAE with $64m and the US in third place with $61m, the iGA said

January 2018

Bahrain’s national origin exports last month amounted to BD176 million ($468 million), shows the latest report from the Information and eGovernment Authority (iGA).

The report that includes data on balance of trade, imports, exports and re-exports (national origin) said during November 2017 Bahrain’s top 10 trading partners accounted for 81 per cent of the exported national origin value with the remaining 19 per cent claimed by other countries.

With a value of BD45 million ($120 million), Saudi Arabia was ranked the top importer of Bahraini products followed by the UAE with BD24 million ($64 million) and the US in third place with BD23 million ($61.17 million), the iGA said.

Agglomerated iron ores and concentrates emerged as the top product exported from Bahrain with a value of BD25 million ($66.48 million) followed by aluminium wires with a value of BD17 million ($45.21 million) and unwrought aluminium alloys in third place accounting for BD13 million ($34.57 million).

The report also found that the value of re-exports was BD40 million ($106 million) during the month with the top 10 trading partners accounting for 94 per cent of the re-exported value.

Saudi Arabia was the leading market for re-exports from Bahrain accounting for a value of BD13 million ($34.57 million), followed by China with BD11 million and the UAE coming third with BD5 million ($13.29 million).

Four-wheel drive cars emerged as the top product re-exported from Bahrain with a value of BD12 million ($31.9 million), cigarettes came in second place netting BD3 million ($7.97 million) followed by parts for motor vehicles with compression-ignition in third place with BD2 million ($5.31 million).

The report said Bahrain’s imports during November were BD438 million ($1.164 billion)with the top 10 trading partners accounting for 66 per cent of the imports value.

The US was ranked as the top exporter to Bahrain with BD61 million ($162 million), followed by China with BD54 million ($143 million) and the UAE in third place with BD38 million ($101 million).

Tugs and pusher craft emerged as the top product imported into Bahrain with BD32 million ($85 million), while four-wheel drive cars were the second with BD19 million ($51 million) and non-agglomerated ores and concentrates in third with BD16 million ($43 million).

The trade balance or the difference between exports and imports amounted to a deficit of BD222 million ($590 million).




More Stories



Tags